Pastor Rob Reid
“It’s great to belong to a church.”
- e.g Walt Disney.
- Who me?
- Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruit of all He created.
- Gifts lead to Fruitfulness
- God’s first gift: Eve!
- He chose ……… that we might be a kind of first fruit of all He created.
You are a gifted person
- But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. Eph 4:7-9
For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable. Rom 11:29
- He never withdraws them when once they are given , and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call. (Amplified)
- Both Irenie and Stan Hewett received $50 note. Stan had a note, saying “thanks for coming up on stage.” Irenie didn’t have a note. So, she voiced concern for her worthiness, and was it a joke? When asked, she said she’d spend it. Stan said he’d give it back to the building fund.
- Lesson: Rob wouldn’t have given the gift, if he thought either of them would spend it on drugs. They were free to do with it as they saw fit.
- ENGAGE – your Giftedness
· Do not neglect your gift … Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, 1 Tim 4:12-15
· Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 2 Timothy 1:6
- EXPRESS – your Giftedness
· Eph 4:7-9: But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it says: “When He ascended on high, He led captives in His train and gave gifts to men”
· Your gift is proof of Christ’s victory. Celebrate it!
- EXTEND – your Giftedness
· Proverbs 18:16: A man’s gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men.
· Expect Great Influence!!
· Our giftedness will build others!
· E.g. Disney studios was taken over for a year during WWII by US government, because they saw the ability to communicate the war effort effectively to the nation.