- 9 July 2017
- All in service
- Jaime Spurdle (former children’s pastor here)
- Terrifying, But Awesome…
- And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice – the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
What should we give to Him?
- Heart – to love what He loves
- Eyes – to see and follow Him
- Ears – to hear and understand Him
- Mouth – to speak praise to Him and speak for Him to others
- Hands – to do His work and express His creativity.
- Feet – to take His Word and stand on injustice
Here I am!
- Take me…
- Use me…
- It happens so regularly that it’s predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up.
- I truly delight in God’s commands, but it’s pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.
- I’ve tried everything and nothing helps. I’m at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me?
- The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does.
- If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away.
- It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
- …we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially the sin that just won’t let go.
- Sounds like a great introduction to a potential Christian version of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Letting go of the addictions which hold us back.
- Great teaching from Jaime today.
- Hard work making it relevant to young and old in the “All In” service today.
- Excellent attempt, showing 2 videos:
- People Are Awesome, at the start; and
- Pandas Are Cute, in the middle.