- 21 May 2017
- Pastor Al Hall
- New Series: Three Pillars (significant events in the life of a Christian)
- Pillar 1: The Transfiguration
- I’m turning 49 on the 23rd of this month
- Pastor Arnie turns 50 in a couple of months.
- The true glory of Jesus
- But, the disciples were admonished to keep it quiet.
- To give them time to process it properly?
- Christianity allows for reasonable questions.
Jesus Answered Questions
- Is Jesus God? – Yes
- Does Jesus make the old testament irrelevant? – No
- Is Jesus what was prophesised? – Yes
- Can I trust Jesus? – Yes (it’s called Faith because it involves Trust)
- Is Jesus different to everything that has been (and is to come)? – Yes
- What does Jesus require of me?
- Listen to Him
- Obey Him
- How do I feel about Jesus?
- The disciples were terrified by this event. That was not Jesus’ intent.
- John 1:14 – The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the gory of the one and only son, who came from the father, full of grace and truth.
- Does God care? – Yes
- Matthew 17:7 – And Jesus came and touched them, and said, ‘Arise, and be not afraid.’