- 7 May 2017
- Pastor Al Hall
What do I have?
- Resources e.g. Time
What is Praise?
- To praise God is to call attention to his glory!
- To praise God is to point out how awesome he is! (South Auckland Translation)
How to Praise God:
- Where: Everywhere
- What: Every act and attribute of God
- With: Everything you’ve got
- Who: Everything that breathes
But, God doesn’t make us praise Him. So, what happens when we don’t praise Him?
We fail in our “duty” to praise God when:
- We withhold from God’s glory, that which belongs to Him.
- We shut our eyes to the signs of his presence.
- We become forgetful of his mercies.
- We become unthankful for his kindness.
Praise stops us becoming ungrateful, unthankful, spoilt brats.
- Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
- Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfied your desire with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s…
- The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.
- Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding who obey his word.
- Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.
- Praise the Lord, all his works everything in his dominion.
- Praise the Lord, my soul!
We must earnestly cultivate the spirit and habit of praise
- By lifting my soul from its slothfulness and sluggishness
- By fixing my heart upon God.
- By meditating on his works and ways. Look at a sunset: It’s part science & part art.
- By recounting his benefits.
- By dwelling upon his amazing gift of Jesus.
What can you give praise to God for?