- 19 March 17
- Pastor Suzie Holmes
- Respectable Sins?
- Part 2: Impatience, Irritability & Frustration
- Pastor Al Hall
- Part 1: Worry
- For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight.
- He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin.
- People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood.
- Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of this wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?
Our Problem – Defined
- You have heard that our ancestors were told, “You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.” But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment!
- If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.
Our Remedy – Part 1
- So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
- Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
- Pay all your debts except the debt of love for others.
- And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
2 Part Remedy
- Ask Holy Spirit every day to work on you and help you.
- Act out love.
Persevere & be committed