- 26 Feb 17
- Pastor Garey Clark
- What Matters?
- Part 3
- You matter to me!
Example of the teacher who changed
- A boy was failing in class, because his mother died and his father was disengaged.
- The teacher, who was merciless with his failures, repented.
- She encouraged him.
- He thrived. He got better. He left school. He entered university.
- He graduated a doctor.
- He got married.
- The teacher was invited to the honoured position of sitting where his mother would have sat for the wedding.
- Don’t be selfish
- Don’t try to impress
- Be humble
- Think of others as better
Paul says, we’re not to compete among ourselves within the Church.
- I only deserve a polystyrene cup.
- It’s a leadership decision to choose to offer a ceramic cup.
- The Golden Rule
- Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.
Treat others with:
- Understand failures
- Patient with weaknesses
- Merciful with stuff ups
- Genuine Affection
- Delight in Honouring
- Everyone must submit to governing authorities.
- Not a common understanding today (lawlessness).
- Remember the good
- Follow their example
- Children obey your parents
- Honour them – comes with a promise of long life
- Fathers don’t provoke your children
Steps for healing broken relationships
Know your love language
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
- Receiving Gifts
- Acts of Service
- Physical Touch