- 6 Nov. 16
- Pastor Arnie
- I, Witness
Luke 19:1 – Zacchaeus
- The wee man that climbed the sycamore tree.
- The man the Lord chose to dine with.
- The man who repented and gave back all he had cheated.
Let’s take this story out of Sunday school and look at it as an adult:
- He was corrupt
- The few were benefitting at the expense of many
What are we to make of a Saviour who chooses to forgive corruption?
- “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”
- We are all corrupt. We all need forgiveness.
- We rank certain sins as worse than others. God doesn’t.
- Jesus will change us
- The changes we make need to be done in relationship with Jesus
- The best changes in our life are LED by Jesus
- The best changes are when they are actioned!
- Innovators 2.5%
- Early adopters 13.5%
- Early Majority 34%
- Last Majority 34%
- Laggards 16%
The Attitude Bell Curve
- “Eh, Maybe”
- “Things don’t change”
How to change:
- Aware of strengths and weaknesses
- Seek help!
- Accept others opinions may be better
- Take notes
- Learn from criticism
- Take responsibility for failure
- Read books – seek answers
- Learn to enjoy being out of your comfort zone!
- Admit when you’re wrong
- Be confident in changing your routine
- Be curious
Change is about humbling yourself.
- Zacchaeus did it.
- The rich young ruler did not.