- 28 August 2016
- Suz Holmes
- Discipleship part 2
The original “Mission: Possible”
- Ephesians 1:9-10
- He made known to us the mystery of this will according to this good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ
- To be put into effect when the times reach their fulfilment – to bring unity to all things in heave and on earth under Christ
- Ephesians 3:1-6
- For this reason, I Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles –
- Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you,
- That is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly.
- In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
- Which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirt to God’s holy apostles and prophets.
- This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.
- Romans 3:22-25
- This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- And all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
- God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood – to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrated his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished
- Luke 9:1-6
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Luke 24:49
- Acts 1:8
- Acts 4:29-31
Thank you to creative people in our church:
- Sara Barrett
- Vinesh Kumaran
- Linda Palmer
- Abby Spence
- Maycee Hooks
- Mark Dawson
- Fruit of the Spirit
- How God sees me
- Telling others
- Holy Sprit
- Spiritual Gifts
- The defeated deceiver
- A nice, quiet week, as I had nothing to rehearse for all week.
- The big news was my son, Tane Ratapu Hippolite’s public announcement of his engagement to Jess McBain. A lovely girl, and I couldn’t be happier. He actually proposed last week. She had said yes, and he had communicated this to us (his parents), but I had to wait for him to make it public before I could communicate it here.
- I damaged my right eye. I was weed-eating when a stone flicked up. Note to self: must use goggles from now on. It made for some uncomfortable conversations, because people were put off by my red eye, so I took to wearing my sunglasses this week.
- Ann Cowan visited. She was up with her daughter Abby, checking out AUT. Fiona met them at the airport, took them into town, and stayed overnight at a Marram house.
- My sister Joy visited. I met her at the airport, brought her home, then took her out to Toastmasters. She did very well at the Table Topics impromptu 1 minute speech. She stayed the night, then will fly out tonight to her big overseas holiday.
- Driving lessons with Hamish continuing.
- Men’s group on the subject of “Emotions.” An excellent introduction to the topic. I can’t say any of us broke down in tears, but we are learning a new vocabulary in order to be able to better process and communicate our feelings. From there, it follows that we will make better decisions about right actions to take.