- 21 August 2016
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Discipleship: “Go and make disciples” – Jesus
- I’m too busy…
- We have to get on the property market right now!
- We have little ones…
- My health isn’t great…
- My kids have got sports that day…
- Work is just so busy…
- I’m tired!
- It’s the Holy Spirit’s job.
- I’m studying at the moment.
- As soon as my business is sorted…
- When my kids are older…
- I don’t have the skills…
Following Jesus competes with so many things…
- The voice “of the world” is so loud!
- The world will demand loudly your time and your attention.
His Voice isn’t the loudest that we hear, but it is the best.
- It does call us to sacrifice.
- But He calls us to our best opportunities.
- Just another day in paradise.
- Commuting because I was meant to pickup Hamish from St John cadets, but he didn’t attend this week. So, I got to attend my Overeaters Anonymous group in Drury instead. Timely. Very good. Gotta work on my Abstinence Plan.
- Oscars practice. Fiona at Alpha Course (assisting). Pickup Aimee from South Auckland Middle School at 7pm (because she was helping with its Open Day for new entrants).
- Engaging User Experience people in creating new configuration screens for Managed Voice – Voice Connect service under My Spark Digital platform.
- Public Wi-Fi Intranet app: worked out that I needed to convert the input data model into an output data model in order to make the MVC (Model View Controller) pattern work properly.
- Product Provisioning Tracker app: worked out that I needed to create a SQL Server change script to renumber our Step ID’s for the new Voice product in a big-bang approach. Must update the tables and stored procedures at the same moment.
- Worked from home. This allowed me to pick up Aimée from South Auckland Middle School at 4:30pm, after her Krav Maga self-defence class.
- “Gutsy and Good” men’s course, lesson #4: Shame and guilt. A great explanation of the difference between guilt (good) and shame (bad).
- Final rehearsal with the guys at lunchtime at Hyland Associates at 300 Queen Street.
- I failed to connect with J.T. this week at work in order to offer to start to make amends for my poor performance earlier. However, she approached me for a work-related resource, so I was able to respond most positively.
- MCBC Toastmasters Club Humorous Speech competition. I got second place.
- Oscar’s (Talent Show) Night at MCBC. I was in group JCG2. We sung “Eye of the Lion” with complicated choreography. We got second place in People’s Choice award.
- Setting up Aimée’s student discount on Spark free public Wi-Fi.
- Finally had a good weekend, so was able to mow the lawns for the first time in ages. Despite this being Sunday, it is not my normal “work”, so I feel the Lord would approve. Although, a stone did flick up and poke me in the eye. I have a red eye now. But, all the equipment worked properly for the first time in a very long time, so I was on a roll and managed to finish the job properly.