- 31 July 2016
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Simple: A study through Colossians
Colossians 1:15 – 20
- The supremacy of the Son of God
- The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
- Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God
- He existed before… (everything in the physical realm)
- He is supreme over all
- Through him God created everything
- He made things seen
- He made things unseen
- Everything created through him
- Everything created for him
- He existed before anything
- He holds everything together
- He is the head of the church
- He is the beginning
- He is supreme over all who rise from the dead
- He is first in everything
- God reconciles everything through Him
- He makes peace with everything
- Through Christs blood on the cross
- Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God.
- I have been crucified with Christ.
- It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
- The problem with our car was quickly fixed. The key had broken and the transponder had fallen out. That was all. Found the transponder in the car. Fixed the key. Sorted.
- Picked up Hamish from St John Cadets. Hamish driving lesson.
- Discussions commenced at Spark to move our DevOps team onto Microsoft Azure. Super excited by this. Can finally retire our existing, creaking Dev environment.
- Fiona helping at Alpha Course. Very proud of my wife’s desire to develop her Christian ministry.
- Prayer meeting at lunchtime at work with Spark Wellington.
- Attended Israel Emphasis night at church with speaker David Silver.
- Worked from home. Audio conference for project Heartbeat meeting. Shared screen successfully and spoke through current Sprint progress. I sound and feel like a real Agile Sprint Master.
- Co-lead a small group breakout at our Man-to-Man course at church. Quite successful. Around 40 men turned up for this first night.
- Second physio appointment from my arm. Strength is up from 1/3 to ½ power.
- Loving my new bike. Filled tank from petrol station for first time. Takes 98 octane. Costs $28 for a full tank.
- I was the Toastmaster of the meeting, meaning I get to organise the various roles. I managed to get everybody up at least once. There were 15 members, 2 mentors, 2 visitors & 9 apologies + 1 absence = 29 people. We are certainly a vibrant, growing club.
- Straight afterwards, I attended the Over 40s dinner at our church. A fun night of networking.
- Every Sunday is a TED talk with inspirational material from our pastors.
- Got rehearsal for our church Oscar’s talent night coming up next month.