- 29 May 2016
- Pastor Garey Clark
- Spiritual Rhythms for Ordinary People
- Doing something for someone else
- Jesus washes his disciples’ feet.
- Turned the definition of leadership upside down.
|Self-righteous Service||True Service|
|Human Effort||Relationship with God|
|Impressed with the big deal||Drawn to small|
|Requires external rewards||Content with hiddenness|
|Concerned about results||Can serve freely|
|Picks & chooses||Anyone|
|Affected by moods and whims||Decision|
|Fractures community||Builds community|
What fraction of my time is currently spent doing these things?
|Work + commuting + lunch||50||168||30%||30|
(meals & chores)
Now, where could service take place in there?
- Not: create another slice
- Service of hiddenness
- The service of small things
- The service of guarding the reputation of others
- The service of common courtesy
- The service of hospitality
- The service of listening
- The service of bearing the burdens of others
- The service of sharing the word of life
- Matthew West
- Do Something
- Attended national convention of Toastmasters NZ (District 72) at Rotorua. Watched the best of the best competing for the right to represent at the International Speech competition. Meet some delightful people, very enthusiastic.
- Learned how to make my PowerPoints suck less. Instead of a header and 3 bullet points and speaking for minutes at a time per bullet point; what I should be doing is putting up pictures which describe one sentence each. Making the presentation come alive and tell a story.