- 10 April 2016
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- The Battle Begins, Part 2
Ephesians 6:10-18: the armour of God
- Belt = God’s Truth
- The Truth is, you’re amazingly made.
- If you reject this truth, your truth belt will slip off.
- Then you will get distracted by arguing other doctrines.
- Then you will be taken out by the enemy.
- Breastplate of Righteousness
- Protects the vital organs
- If Satan attacks you with “you’re nothing but a dirty, rotten sinner” your response should be “you’re absolutely right”.
- But, we exchange our filthy righteousness with Christ’s pure righteousness.
- Shoes = gospel of peace
- Firm foundation
- Shield of Faith
- To protect us from the fiery arrows of the devil.
- Faith will protect you.
- It needs to be solid and substantive.
- Helmet of Salvation
- Tell your story (testimony) of salvation.
- It’s powerful. It protects your central processing unit.
- Sword = Word of God
- It’s powerful stuff
- Our one offensive weapon
- It is offensive to the world. Why are we surprised when the world wants to take it out?
- Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
- We have two weapons? (James says: a fair assessment)
But, in order to be effective:
- We have to put it on
- We have to put it all on
But, Paul was describing the armour of the hated enemy (Romans) to the people of Ephesus.
- The Ephesians were a bunch of tunic wearers.
- We have the more powerful weapon.
- Be strong in God.
- Gave my 8th speech at Toastmasters: Does natural selection prove evolution?
- 109 kg. Fitting back into some old clothes again now.