- 3 April 2016
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- The Battle Begins
- Meet the Enemy (3 Apr)
- Defence (10 Apr)
- Resistance (17 Apr)
- Attitude (24 Apr)
- The Final Battle (1 May)
1 Corinthians 10
- How do you deal with temptation? Do you give in to it?
- How to deal with temptation.
Identify the Enemy
- Satan = he wants to attack you (and me)
- Sin = from within, there is no sin that does not result in pain and loss. It often starts with a simple, minor grumble.
- Self = the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
The three are intertwined:
Identify who’s not the enemy:
- Not people!
- Not God!
Recognise the Enemy’s Plans
Recognise the Enemy’s Tools
- Deception – you are constantly offered deception.
- Disappointment – sin promises something good, but always disappoints.
- Discouragement – the enemy wants to take away your courage.
- Doubt – being in two minds, paralyses you.
- Division – work on closing gaps. Don’t let them fester.
- Desire – e.g. King David & Bathsheba: truestory.org.nz
- Distraction – the enemy wants to divert you from your mission.
- Distress – the enemy wants you to overthink things
- Depress you – the enemy wants to keep you out of the game.
- Denial – the enemy doesn’t want you to see the faults that you have.
- Destroy – the enemy doesn’t just want to hurt you, he wants to take you completely out.
- Demonic – Straight out evil.
- An American YWAM mission team is visiting us.
- Attended Part 4 of the seminar on Cults on Thursday night. The topic this week was Mormons. I was able to fill in some gaps of knowledge for Grace Adams, as she presented the material and took questions from the floor.
- Last weekend was Easter Camp for college-age kids at Mystery Creek. There were 5000 kids there. My duty was in charge of one table of 200 kids for two meals a day. We were the South Auckland Hub of about 100 kids (Mangere Bridge, PACT, MCBC & a couple of others).
- ACDR = Alan, Caleb, Dillon, Ryan
- NSDN = Noel, Sean, David, Nathan
- Got back to work, but then had a bronchitis relapse. Ended up taking Thursday sick, and working from home Friday. Feeling better now.