- 24 January 2016
- Arnie Hall
- Summer In the Psalms
- Let the godly sing for joy to the Lord; it is fitting for the pure to praise him.
- Praise the Lord with melodies on the lyre; make music for him on the ten-stringed harp.
- Sing a new song of praise to him; play skilfully on the harp, and sing with joy.
- Good people, cheer God! Right-living people sound best when praising.
- Use guitars to reinforce your Hallelujahs! Play his praise on a grand piano!
- Invent your own new song to him; give him a trumpet fanfare.
- For the world of the Lord hold true, and we can trust everything he does.
- He loves whatever is just and good; the unfailing love of the Lord fills the earth.
- The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created.
- He breathed the word, and all the stars were born.
- He assigned the sea its boundaries and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs.
- Let the whole world fear the Lord, and let everyone stand in awe of him.
- For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command.
- The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations and thwarts all their schemes.
- But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken.
- What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen as his inheritance.
- The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race.
- From his throne he observes all who live on the earth.
- He made their hearts, so he understand everything they do.
- The best-equipped army cannot save a king, nor is great strength enough to save a warrior.
- Don’t count on your warhorse to give you victory – for great strength, it cannot save you.
- But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.
- He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine.
- We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield.
- In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
- In your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.
My 2016 Personal Goals
- Spiritual: Evangelise one person
- Serving: Toastmasters lead well
- Family: Date wife monthly
- Work: Earn respect as Solution Architect
- In: Exercise: 2 x per week gym or pool
- Out: fat & Sugar: down to 100 kgs
- Friendships: Movie montly
- Commenced Summer Hours at work: Worked 4 x 9 hours and then 4 hours on Friday.
- Third meeting at Overeaters Anonymous. I am a compulsive over-eater. I need help to overcome my addiction.
- Got down to 114.4 kg.
- Walking in pool twice because it was so hot this week.
- Bought a second-hand car. This is the first time we’ve had a 2nd car:
- A really old Nissan Serena for the boys to learn to drive in.
- A less old Mitsubishi Outlander for us.
- Lost broadband at home. Last week, I’d moved to Naked Broadband plan. Then, on Thursday I ported our old phone number to our new VOIP provider. What I didn’t realise was that, when Spark receives a request to port a land line, they assume that you are closing your connection. So, Spark has to open a new Naked Broadband connection and new land line (call barred) for me. This was an oversight, quite frustrating, and potentially very inconvenient for me on Monday, because I have a deployment due in the evening that I was planning to do from home. I might have to stay at the office in town on Monday night in order to do my deployment.