- 10 January 2016
- Pastor Garey Clark
- Summer In Psalms
Review last week:
- God is Powerful
- God is Persistent
- God is Present
- You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.
- You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
- You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
- Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.
- You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
- Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
- Where can I got from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
- If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
- If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
- even there your hand will hold me fast.
- If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,’
- even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will sine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
- Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
- Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of the sand – when I awake, I am still with you.
- If only you, God, would slay the wicked! Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
- They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.
- Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
- I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.
- Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
- See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Our Greatest Fear: Aloneness
- Life without Connection
- Achievement without Companionship
- Existence without Friendship
Attributes of God from this Psalm:
- Omniscience – God is all knowing.
- Omnipresence – God is everywhere. This presence is the Essence of Blessedness.
- Sovereignty – God is in control.
The challenge is not what happens in life but how we respond to what happens.
What’s going on for you, right now?
- Ask this question, in order to let go of what’s not important.
- And refocus on what is.
- Got back from holiday in Wellington. Glorious weather down there, but not hot enough to swim every day.
- “There is no God, otherwise why is there evil in the world? There are no barbers, otherwise, why are there long-haired people in the world? Because those people don’t go to the barber!”
- Tane was on sound desk for a wedding yesterday. He did well.
- Hamish and Aimee came back from Christian Youth Camp. They were buzzing about it.
- Tegan stayed over with Aimee for a couple of days. That’s nice.
- Fiona and I spent time looking for a second hand car.
- Toastmasters Committee meeting:
- Carl’s resignation
- Decision to focus on competitions this year – means not able to go away for our anniversary weekend.
- Attended my first Overeaters Anonymous meeting. Learned that I am not in control and need God’s help to overcome this addiction.
- Got up to 118kg on holiday.
- Got down to 116.6kg today.