- 22 November 2015
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Get growing (Part 2)
As His disciples:
- God wants us to grow.
- Therefore, we want to grow!
- Analysis: Are we actually growing in our faith?
Is my faith more mature now than it was 20 years ago?
- Apathy is the same as decline.
- How do we grow?
|G||Grounded in the word.||52% of Americans responded affirmatively to, “The Bible is the highest authority in my life.”
We need to let it affect our attitudes, passions, thoughts, beliefs, behaviour.
|Am I reading it, loving it, shaped by it?
|R||Reflecting Christ’s love.||Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Other-focused, rather than self-centred.
|Am I loving others as I should?|
|O||Open to the Spirit.||I will follow God, no matter what.
Even if He asks me to do something I really don’t want to do.
|Do I hear form God and do I obey?”
|W||Welcoming the journey.
|Any journey can be done better, with a different attitude.
Quit fighting the journey and get with finding God in the journey.
|Or am I fighting the journey?
|I||Inviting others along.||Impact others
Bring them along.
|When did I last tell others about Jesus?|
|N||Nourishing their connections
|We’re not 100% responsible for their salvation.
We are responsible for being responsive to them.
|What am I doing to help others grow?
|When our faith costs us, that’s when we know that it’s real.
Giving grows our faith.
|Do I give… across the board?
Small group break-out:
- In which area have you grown this past year?
- For me, it’s being grounded in the word. I’ve started listening to the Audio Bible in my daily commute to and from work. That’s 90 minutes of the Bible at least 3 times a week. I’m hoeing through it. It’s reminding me of all the good things He has done for us.