- 8 November 2015
- Ian Vale, Wycliffe
- Interconnectednesss between the OT and the NT
- Abraham – The Father of Faith
- Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping – believing that he would become the father of many nations…
Take Another Look
- And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead – and so was Sarah’s womb.
- Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.
- He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises.
This statement of Paul’s is a huge statement of faith
- Paul was not unaware of Abraham’s wavering of faith;
- But he was aware that Abraham’s peaks and troughs were an ever-increasing path of faith.
- (The peaks got higher, the trough did not go as low.)
- Paul was giving God’s eye-view: the long term view.