- 11 October 2015
- Pastor Allister (Arnie) Hall
- The Old Testament & The New Testament: Interconnected
We get side-tracked
We get things wrong
- Daylight saving time
- Think badly about someone
Paul wrote to a church that was getting side-tracked and getting things wrong.
- You can make mistakes, but it’s all about the recovery! (joke)
- Don’t keep making the same mistakes. This shows an unrepentant heart.
- Colossians 2 (The New Living Translation)
In church communities, God wants us to be:
- Together through strong ties of love
- Understanding of God’s mysterious plan
- To KNOW Jesus
- (because in Him lie all treasures of wisdom & knowledge)
Accept Jesus as your Lord
- Continue to follow Him
- Put your roots down in Him!
- Build your lives on Him!
There is DECEPTION through:
- Empty philosophies
- High-sounding nonsense
- Well created arguments
- Deceptive philosophies
- Human thinking
- Spiritual forces of this world
James says, “Some examples are:”
- Climate Change
- Atheism/Socialism/Communism = godless philosophies
Why do we celebrate on Sunday and not the Sabbath?
- Instead of celebrating the completion of the work of Creation;
- We celebrate the completion of the work of our Salvation.
- (Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday).
Not all the same rules apply to us.
- We are Gentile believers, not Jews.
- Sabbath, shellfish, bacon, festivals.
Jesus is our Game Changer:
- He completed those things for us.
- The final sacrifice: once for all.
So what? What is my freedom for? How will I use my freedom?
- The parable of the 10 lepers. Just one came back to thank Him.
- The parable of the servant who buried his one talent. Didn’t use it to honour God.