- 20 September 2015
- Pastor Arnie (Al) Hall
The Book of Jude: A Little Book that Pack a Lot of Punch
- Part 2 of 2
- 1 Chapter, 25 verses
Contend for your faith
- Fight for your faith
- Because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches.
3 Examples of not remaining faithful
- Cities: Sodom & Gomorrah
- Angels: Fallen angels are demons
- A nation: The Hebrews eventually were punished
But you, dear friends,
- Must build each other up in your most holy faith,
- Talking about our faith builds up others
- Pray in the power of the Holy Spirit,
- What does this phrase mean to you?
- And await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Who will bring you eternal life
In this way,
- You will keep yourselves safe in God’s love.
And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering.
- Doubt is allowed
- Grace abounds here for those who are struggling.
Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment.
- The other end of the spectrum
- Help those who don’t know any better.
Show mercy to still others,
- But do so with great caution,
- Hating the sins that contaminate their lives.
- Jude 20-23
It’s easy to focus on & condemn the sins which I am not entrapped by.
- But we are all sinners.
- God wants us all to change.
- Go easy on those who hesitate in the faith.
- Go after those who take the wrong way.
- Be tender with sinners, but not soft on sin
Now all glory to God,
- Who is able to keep you from falling away
- And will bring you with great joy
- Into his glorious presence
- Without a single fault.
All glory to him who alone is God,
- Our saviour through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- And authority
- Before all time,
- And in the present,
- And beyond all time!