- 13 September 2015
- Deeper Bible #101
- The Book of Jude: A Little Book that Packs a Lot of Punch
Ian and Tania
- Missionaries in Indonesia with Wycliffe
- 31 years
- Has created a bible teaching programme
It’s Hands on
- Give a man a fish, and you feed him for just one day.
- Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Deeper bible always leaves you wanting more
- Beth Sepher:
- The house of the book (text).
- Read it for yourself.
- Beth Talmud:
- The house of interpretation.
- Interpret it for yourself (rightly).
- Beth Midrash:
- The house of allusion.
- What do the illustrations allude to?
What students have said about Deeper Bible?
- After doing this class, I just can’t help reading the Bible more, and I love finding my own Gemz. I’ve learned to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and have a stronger relation with God.
- The challenge of Deeper Bible is that you’re not just given info but encouragement…
- One of my favour classes in FPCC is Deeper Bible. I noticed a change in myself before and after the class.
Jude is usually skipped
- Small – the 5th shortest book
- Strange – angels locked up, dispute over Moses body
- Suspect – similarities to 2 Peter quotes Enoch
- Severe – negative and intolerant
- Sharp – strong, sharp language, rude – talks about undies.
- Into your churches have wormed their way some ungodly people
- The ungodly say God’s grace allows us to sin.
- Legalists say – you are not free to sin.
- Liberals say – you are from to sin.
- The Bible says – you are free not to sin.
Remember! (These examples that Jude gives us. Work out for myself what each one stands for.)
- Sodom & Gomorrah
Do you know?
- Your greatest threat comes from within (the church and your own emotions)
- Creed leads to Conduct; Conduct to Character; Character to Conversation.
- “Listen! The Lord is coming with countless thousands of His holy ones to execute Judgment on the people of the world. He will convict every person of all the ungodly things they have done and for all the insults that ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
- Jude 1:14-15
Enoch named his son Methuselah meaning “His death shall bring forth”
- Methuselah lived 187 years and had Lamech.
- Lamech lived 182 years and had Noah.
- Noah lived 600 years and the flood came.
- That’s a total of 969 years!
- How old was methuselah when he died? 969
- What did his death bring forth? The flood.
|Mahalalel||The praise of God|
|Methuselah||His death shall bring forth|
Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow, the Praise of God shall descend teaching his death shall bring (the) despairing comfort.
Manna = What is it?
- The Bible is an integrated message system from outside our space-time continuum.