- 6 September 2015
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Father’s Day = Blokes Church
I want to be my kid’s greatest superhero.
- But I’m not perfect.
- “If God says his chosen ones are acceptable to him, can anyone bring charges against them?”
- Romans 8:33
I will make mistakes.
- But it’s important to get back up.
- “The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked”
- Prov 24:16
It’s important to laugh at myself
- It puts our mistakes into perspective.
- “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.”
- Prov 17:22
Then we can look out for others…
- And point them to the real super hero!
- We have to live lives “Under Construction”
We have to eliminate some of our dumb errors.
- Put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy… worshiping the things of this world… You used to do these things when your life was sill part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behaviour, slander, and dirty language. Don’t lie to each other for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature…
Each time he said,
- “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”
- So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ.
- For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- 2 Cor 12:9-11
- Founder of Minecraft. Sold to Microsoft. $2.3B can’t buy you happiness
- Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases god will live forever
- 1 John 2:15-17
A good man leaves an inheritance [of moral stability and goodness] to his children’s children…
- Prov 13:22
- Eliminate the basic errors
- Work on our weaknesses
When I was a child,
- I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child.
- But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
We get to be leaders in igniting
- & Love
My kids showed their love for me today in this:
- One said, “I’m grateful you hung around us for another year.” This was said jokingly, because my kids know I will never leave their mother, no matter what.
- One said, “I’m grateful for the money and stuff you give me.” This was said jokingly, because my kids know they have all their material needs met.
- One said, “You’re still a cool dude. I enjoyed going night-clubbing with you for 5 nights in a row on our cruise.” This was said seriously, and I really appreciated this.
I got three nice presents:
- A box of chocolates;
- A pair of thick sox, for when I go motorcycling;
- A Doctor Who rubbish bin, which makes SFX sounds when you throw stuff into it.