Sunday 21 June 2015
- Missions (Week 2 of 3)
- NZ Baptist Churches national missions agency: Tranzsend
- Guest preacher: NP (name changed to protect the innocent)
English for Speakers of Other Languages
- An opportunity to share the gospel with those coming into our country
- Looking for resources
- July 30th start
- Everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved.
- But how can they hear, unless someone goes and tells them?
- He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the bat.
- When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
- Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.”
- Peter wasn’t uncomfortable in going back out into the deep; he’d done it before.
- We may be called to go into familiar territory, but to do unfamiliar activity.
- Peter was called to become a fisher of men.
- So are we.
- Peter was making a choice to be obedient to Jesus, his master.
- Despite his expert knowledge that the situation was hopeless, he chose to be hopeful.
- We often sing the song “break my heart for what breaks yours”
- Do you know what breaks His heart?
- Have you asked Him?
- Will you do something with that?
- 2 sq.km, 570,000 people = 33,000 people per sq km
- Previously a Portuguese Colony
- 1999 – Special Administrative Region of China
- 35 Casinos. 2014 revenue = US$44b
- New University = 34,000 students on Henggin Island
|-10||No awareness of the supernatural|
|-7||Interest in Christianity|
|-4||Positive attitude towards the Gospel|
|-1||Decide to act, repentance, faith|
|0||A NEW DISCIPLE IS BORN|
|+1||Evaluation of decision|
|+2||Baptism, initiation into the Church|
|+3||Begins to help make other disciples|
|…||ongoing internal and behavioural change|
- James says: this looks remarkably similar to the Engle scale of Evangelism
- How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns”
- Someone is sent
- They choose to go.
- The tell the Good News
- Someone hears
- They believe
- They choose to call on Jesus
- Someone believes
Where is God calling you to fish?
- Are you bold enough to write this down and respond to it?
- In March 1994, we went on a month’s honeymoon to Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia. While in Indonesia, we visited by Christian Children’s Fund sponsored child.
- In November 1994, we took a 2-week trip to Hong Kong to deliver Bibles.
- In June 1997, we spent 6 months in South Africa to aid with Christian missions organisations administration (AD2000 & Beyond Movement, African Evangelical Alliance, WEC, GCOWE).
- In June 2001, I returned to Indonesia to deliver a gift of a server computer to a Bible college.
My heart is for:
- Using my secular database programming skills to further the cause of Christ to the point of completing the Great Commission to preach the Word to all the world.
- Then Christ can return.