Sunday 14 June 2015
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Favourite genre of film: Sports documentary
- Wasn’t violent as a kid, until a bully killed his pet pigeon.
- His entire life was turned in a certain direction in a moment of time.
- One day as Jesus was preaching on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, great crowds pressed in on him to listen to the word of God.
- He noticed two empty boats at the water’s edge, for the fishermen had left them and were washing their nets.
Stepping into one of the boats, Jesus asked Simon, its owner, to push it out into the water.
- So he sat in the boat and taught the crowds from there.
Peter’s entire life was turned around in a moment of time.
- Jesus jumps on board with us!
- Peter was mending his net. This is a period of preparation.
- Make the most of God preparing you.
- We need to be prepared by God.
- We need to be patient with others.
- Our own journey takes years.
- Make the most of Jesus presence!
- He promised to be amongst us.
- Ask Him what He wants you to do.
- Go for it!
- Peter gave Jesus permission to use his boat.
- We need to give Jesus permission to use us.
- Be ready for anything.
This week, we need to store up treasures in heaven.