Sunday 26 April 2015
- ANZAC Service
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- 100th year anniversary of the Battle of Gallipoli, April 25, 1915.
- Hamish joined with St Johns cadets in the Dawn Service in Manurewa.
- There were thousands there.
What I learned:
- The Native contingent weren’t originally allowed to be armed and participate.
- They were sent to Malta for more training.
- Not surprising, given it was only 30 years since the Land Wars.
- But, casualties were so bad, plans were changed and they were called up.
- Final words of Jesus before the Cross.
- “The day is coming when they will kill you and think they are doing a service to God.”
- ISIS this week killed 21 Ethiopian Christians in Libya (in Europe’s back door).
“When he comes, he’ll expose the error of the godless world’s view of sin, righteousness, and judgement:
- He’ll show them that their refusal to believe in me is their basic sin;
- We can think that something is true;
- But only when we believe it, will it change me enough to do something about it.
- That righteousness comes from above, where I am with the Father, out of their sight and control;
- Only belief in Jesus will save you.
- That judgment takes place as the ruler of this godless world is brought to trial and convicted.”
- Satan is the co-ordinating leader of all evil.
- As a matter of honour, it obligates one man to tell the other man the truth.
God’s spirit will sort out truth.
- Name and Nature
- Role and Responsibility
- Do you want to know the truth?
- Do you want to hear the truth?
- Then do you want to act on the truth?