- BEXX Baptism
- Rob Harley Speaking
- Voting next Saturday
Do you believe in God?
|John Key||National||No. No afterlife|
|David Cunliffe||Labour||Yes. He has a part in my life.|
|Metirea Turei||Greens||No. Nothing|
|Peter Dunne||United Future||I was raised Catholic, but I’m beyond that.|
|Te Ureroa Flavel||Maori||I believe in many gods.|
|Hone Harawera||Internet Mana||Whatever you want to believe in is fine by me.|
|Colin Craig||Conservatives||I am a Christian (even though I don’t go to church)|
- Family Relationships
- It can be a dangerous thing to bring your brains to church.
- Sometimes we don’t.
- He’s a cynical journalist.
- Let’s talk about miracles.
- He was raised a chandelier-swinging Pentecostal.
- Very instructive.
- What would happen if God answered every prayer?
- Absolute chaos.
- But, you can’t make somebody else love you.
- Today’s baptism was a supernatural event.
- We take passages of Scripture and we wrestle them out of shape.
- To the point where, we make people who pray for healing, and don’t receive it, feel bad.
- Extortion is rife, robbery is epidemic, the poor and needy are abused, outsiders are kicked around at will, with no access to justice.
- I looked for someone to stand up for me against all this, to repair the defences of the city, to take a stand for me and stand in the gap to protect this land so I wouldn’t have to destroy it. I couldn’t find anyone. Not one.
6) This is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people
7) Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.
8) Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind.
9) Then when you call, the lord will answer. “Yes, I am here,” he will quickly reply. Remove the heavy yoke of oppression. Stop pointing…
- Miracles are more than us getting exactly what we want when we ask for it all the time.
- Miracles sometimes evolve rather than just happen.
- God invites us to be a bigger part than we ever imagined in order to perform miracles.
- The release of miraculous power involves us looking around as much as looking up.