- “The land must not be sold permanently because the land is Mine, and you reside in the land as foreigners and strangers.”
- This has direct relevance to the conflict in Palestine today.
- We weep for both sides.
What does Hamas mean?
- HAMAS = violence or violent men
- Psalm 140: Deliver me, on Jehovah from evil men. Deliver me from Hamas…
Charter of Hamas, founded 1998
- To obliterate the Jews.
- We have to weep for both sides, but we have to understand both agendas.
- There is nothing in their charter about caring for their own people.
- “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor; to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”
- This is the Year of the Lord’s favour.
- A Sabbath year of rest for the land (every seventh year).
- A Jubilee year of rest (every 50th year). (The Year of the Lord’s favour.)
- Coming home
- In Leviticus, it’s talking about land. In Luke, it is applied to us. To forgiveness of our sins.
- Returning to God. Return to dignity. Return to innocence.
- Resting – you don’t have to work to get God’s favour.
- Coming home – acceptable to God.
- In this Jubilee season we live in now, means the God is looking after us.
- “This tragedy occurred, but God did this…”
- Our Shield of Faith won’t prevent every tragedy, but means God can work to turn your mourning into dancing again.
I declare the Lord’s favour is on me!