Your Kingdom Come
- Good News to the Poor
- 1.4 B live in extreme poverty
- $2.50 per week – food, housing, clothing
- “The Spirit of the Lord in on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”
- “I am happy even though I still have some problems. But now I lack nothing. Jesus is with me, and I get much help through prayer. Even though I don’t ask He gives to me. This is the result of my faith perhaps.”
In Aotearoa: what is the good news? Who are the poor?
- A hand out of poverty is the good news.
- A hand up to God is the great news.
- To declare
- To bring
- To show
To the Poor
- “To crouch” = beggar or pauper
We live in a world where:
- A single rocket can take down an entire airplane full of people;
- 1100 rockets get fired into God’s Chosen People
- Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of this praise be heard;
- He has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping.
- For you, O God, tested us; your refined us like silver.
- You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs.
- You let men ride over our heads, we went through fire and water, buy you brought us to a place of abundance.