- 15 Jun 2014
- Pastor Al Hall
- Moses is dead; Joshua has to lead millions of Israelites across the River Jordan into the Promised Land.
- God gives him some important instructions for leading a nation.
The hardest person you will ever have to lead is yourself.
- “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful where you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it; then you will be prosperous and successful.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
- Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Finding Your Blind Spots:
- Honest friends. Proverbs 18:24
o There are two kinds of friends: those that help and those that hinder
o A true friend is closer than a brother
- Good assessment
- The Spirit!
Things that can hurt you
o e.g. staying up too late. Chocolate.
o Am I happy to keep that habit?
o With Grace, Hope & Eternity on our side, we have to be optimistic.
o Is what I see in alignment with God’s Word?
o Can be helpful or hurtful
o Look for positive, healthy relationships
Things that can help you
o You are better at leading yourself this week, than last week.
o What skills do you need to work on today?
- Friends – new & old
o Source of inspiration.
o People are interesting.
o I just met Geoff.
o Go on an adventure
o Lead yourself off the beaten path
o For your faith to be shaken is normal at different times.
o What are you believing for this morning?
Have I not commanded you?
Be strong & courageous.
Do not be frightened
And do not be dismayed.
For the Lord your God
Is with you wherever you go.
This book of the Law
Shall not depart from your mouth.
But you shall meditate on it
Day & Night,
So that you may be careful to do
According to all that is written in it.
You will make your way Prosperous.
You will have good success.