Sunday 11 May 2014
- Manukau City Baptist Church
- Guest Speaker, Donna
- Mother’s Day
- Sacrificial Love
- 1 Samuel 1:-28
- She’d had enough. She finally took her troubles to the Lord in prayer
- 1 Peter 5:7
- “Give all your anxieties, worries, dreams to him, because he cares about you.”
- Her depression left her.
- Not a bargain, but a vow, to give up her best, her firstborn son.
- Philippians 4:6-7
- “Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God’s peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Hold onto your gifts from God, but with open arms.
- In the fullness of time; everything is a process of time. Hannah’s heart would have changed during this period.
- Psalm 27:14: “Wait for the Lord’s help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the Lord’s help.”
- Hebrews 6:12: “Don’t become lazy. Be like those, who through faith and patience, will receive what God has promised.”
- She’s an example of those who wait, who will inherit the promises.
- I ask for your help, Lord God, and you will keep me safe. Morning, noon, and night you hear my concerns and my sighs.
- God “re-membered” her. He put her womb back together again.
- She fulfilled her vow. She gave up Samuel to the Lord.
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Soon, so that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but has eternal life.”
- Hannah is a picture of the love of God to us.