- Happy “Star Wars” Day!
- May the fourth be with you.
- Pastor Al Hall
Praise the Lord, my soul
- The person sitting next you, their heart may be breaking.
- Or, they may have had great news this week.
- All of us have an ebb and tide of emotions in our lives.
- Life’s like that.
We need to have a faith that is sustainable in both those times.
- Without God’s Word, our faith is in trouble.
- This book is special.
- (Not the pages are Holy. It’s the words.)
- These words have power to sustain you.
As a pastor, Arnie has learned that it’s not possible to achieve every dream.
- He would like to have visited each one of us at home.
- So he’s had to take the opportunity of Sunday morning to have input.
- He values this time together.
- But more valuable is the time we individually spend in the Word.
- His sermons work better, when we’ve spent time in the Word.
This Book puts things into perspective
- This world is full of so-called News, which isn’t.
- Shows me what is good and what is stink
- Shows me when to stick my head in
How to interact with the Word
- What is this passage about?
- What do I think and feel as I read it?
- Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
- Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits –
- Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,
- Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
- Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
What do I think?
- It is beneficial to praise him.
- He forgives me.
- He sustains me.
- “The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger & abounding in loving kindness.”
- It is good to remind ourselves of this truth, because the World attempts to steal away that vision.
- What is looming this week
- What is worrying you
- Who you are worried for
- Our doubts
- Our insecurities
Forget about the things you have done wrong and the things that have been done against you.
- God has more love than a Giganaire.
- So enjoy him.
The Bible is powerful
- Not as a book
- But as promises from God
- But they are only powerful if we take them into our homes.