Sunday 27 April 2014
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Manukau Baptist Church
What Does ANZAC Mean?
- Others made sacrifice for us to be here today.
- In war you have to choose sides.
- Even conscientious objectors have to take a side, or a side is chosen for them.
- Even the Danes, who were “Ideologically compatible” with Germany in WWII, on 1-Aug-1943, were forced to smuggle the Jews out to Switzerland or hand them over to Hitler. (They were 95% successful in their Resistance.)
- You have been invited to join God’s side of the battle of this present age.
The Sermon on the Mount
Judging Others (Matt 7:1-6)
- Don’t be hypocritical
- Don’t judge unbelievers by God’s standards
Finding God’s Will (Matthew 7:7-8):
- Ask me (Pray)
- Look for me (find options)
- Knock on doors (test some options)
Default position should be:
- Matt 7:9-12
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Two choices in life (Matt 7:13-14):
- Life (narrow)
- Death (wide)
There will be true and false prophets (Matt 7:15-20).
- Test their fruits.
There will be true and false disciples (Matt 8:21-23)
- Some people who are part of the body of Christ, who even do supernatural events for Him, Jesus will say he never knew them.
- You can tell the difference by their actions.
The Wise and Foolish Builders
- Matthew 7:24-29
- Wise: everyone who hears Jesus words and puts them into action.
- Foolish: Does not put them into action.