- 9 March 2014
- Pastor Arnie Hall
- God is always at work around you.
- God pursues a love relationship with you.
- God invites you to join Him.
- God speaks to you.
- God’s invitation leads to a crisis of belief.
Arnie recounts his visit to Israel and the Holocaust Museum.
- It has a profound effect upon him.
- Often our Western Christian crises of belief boil down to first world problems: I don’t feel God.
- What crisis of belief must the murder of 1.5M children (and 4.5M adults) create?
Requires Faith & Action
- You will come through the crisis you face through faith and action.
- Genesis 17:4-8
As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nationals. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.
- Unconditional – Does not depend on their obedience.
- Everlasting – Has not expired.
- Positional – Because God is God, he is able to make and keep it.
- Love the Lord your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always… all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, and so that you may live long in the land the Lord swore to your ancestors to give to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey… If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow – to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fast to him, – then the Lord will drive out all these nations before you. Every place where you set your foot will be yours. See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse – the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the Lord your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known. Be sure that yo obey all the decrees and laws I am setting before you today.
- Additional – does not replace the earlier covenant.
- Conditional – requires obedience.
- Relational – requires relationship.
- Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put…
You Can Experience God!