- Manukau City Baptist Church
- Visiting speaker: Pastor Dave Peters
- Opening Song: Our God is Able (Hillsong)
- Solid Foundations
- Discovery Evening
- New Series: On Mission
Mrs Greta Peters
- Father is looking for willing churches where He can dig deep and wide wells of salvation.
- I sense that God is going to sew the will that exists here today.
- To remind us of the power of the blood of Jesus.
- Contrast: Red & White. Dead & Alive
- Revelation 7: Their robes were made white in the red blood of the Lamb.
- Our records of sin are wiped clean in the blood of Jesus.
- It has power to totally cleanse us from all sin.
- The power to protect, keep safe & deliver us from the power of the devil.
- The ultimate purpose of the blood: the power to draw near those who were once far away.
- For those wishing to know him, the Holy Spirit will release a season of revelation.
- May God give us all a fresh appreciation and gratitude for the power of the blood.
- In worship time: Dave feels there are people here who are worried, to the point of losing sleep.
- Be encouraged from 1 Peter 5:7. Cast all your cares on Him.
- Isaiah 26:3. You keep us in perfect peace…
Resources are available
- He’s written a book
- Transform your valleys of trouble into gateways of hope.
- And a CD: Destined to Overcome
Dave had a vision
- Jesus said “I will give my people grace for a greater revelation of me.”
- Thinking about the Welsh Revival.
- Two Welshmen, Steven and George Jeffries.
- James says
- The founders of Apostolic and Elim denominations
- They began to preach the 4 square gospel:
- Coming King
- The church of Jesus Christ needs a fresh revelation of Him as Saviour.
- Imperfection is a reality in this life.
- (Western) People are very used to hearing the about the Good News, but they’re not so aware that there is a Bad News of which they should be afraid.
- Hell is real.
- James says:
- It is the absence of God.
- People think that since they live without God today, therefore they will be able to handle Hell.
- What they don’t realise is how much God is protecting them here and now.
- There is a Book of Life and books of our acts.
- For those whose names are found in the Book of Life, our actions will result in our reward.
- For those whose names are not found in the Book of Life, their actions will result in their punishment.
- CS Lewis says:
- There is a hierarchy of reward and a lower-archy of punishment.