- Ruth (Stu, Carissa, Aliana & Caleb)
- Was 14 years in Thailand. Now Burma.
- Love Never Gives Up
- Tranz-Send (NZ Baptist Missions)
Love Never Gives Up
- What is true love?
- Little Bikes for Burma
Gui Pong’s story
- Born with difficulty
- Some brain injury
- A “stateless” person”
- 18 years lying down
6 Months Later…
- Has a wheelchair
- Learned to walk
- Much happier
- Only 4% of children are in school
- Soldiers burn down schools
- We(*) support salaries for teachers
Would you like to be a Change Maker?
- Ian & Tania
- Work in Indonesia with Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Church of 12,000
- Sometimes takes an hour to get out of the parking building
Experiencing the Bible
- Knowing that we need to pursue a love relationship with God
- John 16:25-31
We need to understand the Bible at a deeper level.
- This passage shows that Jesus sometimes used parables in order to hide deeper meaning.
- There are three levels to understanding.
Three layers of belief:
- Surface = Yes, He said it…
- Interpretation = It meant this…
- Understanding = It means this for me…
(Ears, Eyes) ==> Mind ==> Heart
- “You search the Scriptures diligently, thinking that they testify of me, and so they do.”
- But you failed to come to Me.
- You can read about Him
- But until you meditate on His Word, you will miss being with Him.
Three sources of guidance:
- The devil
Does your source of inspiration align with one of those three?
- When chapters and verses were invented, by Robert Esdien.
- Some scholars say he did it while riding on horse-back.
- Because many chapters start in odd places.
- E.g. Romans 12:1 “Therefore brothers…”
- What’s the “therefore” there for?
- So, read the previous chapter to put it into context.
There are many ways God can speak to you…
- His Word
- Audible voice
- The testimony of others (confirmation)
- Thoughts, feelings
- (These should all be in alignment, else it’s not God)
- Open up the lines of communication
- Be facilitators between a wounded soul and the Holy Spirit