- Pastor Arnie Hall
- Manukau City Baptist Church
- Luke 24
Don’t get stuck on a Saturday
- After the crucifixion; before the resurrection
- Stuck in defeat
- No courage, no hope, no plans
Did my Saturday activity reflect my Sunday beliefs?
- Did people see my love for God in my Saturday activity?
- Took my kids to Armageddon Speculative Fiction conference.
- A celebration of the human capacity for imaginative play (in the words of Ben Browder).
Earned Geek cred by asking Ben Browder a question:
- “What’s with you and Claudia Black? She keeps following you from series to series.”
- His answer: “It’s just a industry thing that sometimes you work with the same people.”
- He made jokes about his wife keeping a close eye on him.
My impressions of Ben Browder
- He appears to be just like his Cameron Mitchell character: Confident, laconic, bright, intelligent, loyal (to his wife and friends)
- I was impressed.
- Of course, he could just be projecting an image. He chose to stand for the hour of his interview. Perhaps he was treating it as an acting assignment.
- But I choose to believe the best of the man.
It’s easy to continue to think in a Saturday state of mind
- But “lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- Matt 28:20
- We have resurrection power at our disposal.