A week in politics is a long time
- If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
- If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.
- But all sinners are welcome here, because Jesus loves sinners.
- But purity in marriage is ultimately a good thing. Anything else harms us.
The hour of darkness
- John 19:17 – Carrying the cross by himself, he went to the place called Place of the Skull (in Hebrew, Golgotha).
- John 19:30 – When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished” Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.
Jesus is both:
- When we sinned in the garden (and ever since), we cause the split between these two character traits.
- When Jesus died on the cross, he restored those two things. Once again, we can experience God is His fullness.
- God loves sinners, but God hates sin. He won’t turn a blind eye to it.
- We have no problem believing stories about parents who sacrifice their lives to save their children.
- We should have no problem believing God would send his son to save us.
- Practice selflessness
- It’s not what I want. It’s not what she wants. It’s “what’s best for us?”
- Galatians 6:10 – Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.