At Bible Church, Manurewa
,Discussing the roles of the Church and the Family.
- National Centre for Family Integrated Churches
- The Church and the Family are two holy institutions, created by God
- Established three governments: family, church, state. Each has limitations.
The correct pattern:
- Husbands, lay down their lives for their wives (subsume our selfish desires);
- Wives, are helpers for their husbands (in mutual submission);
- Children are obedient to their parents.
- All three are pictures of the Salvation message.
Jurisdictions are important:
- The three roles (family, church, government) in correct alignment;
- Harmony ensues.
Fatherhood is under attack
- of the devil
- Restore Biblical Fatherhood
- The family is the incubator for qualified leaders in churches (if you can’t lead your own family, how can you lead a church?)
- Things are broken
- But God is good
- God is restoring things
Return to the proposition that Scripture is sufficient; Scripture is all you need to restore families to where they should be: bringing Repentence and Reformation.