- This is my last service in this House of God before my promotion and move to Auckland.
- This is my home church.
- Tane on camera.
Fa Ma Nu
- (meaning, Forever Praising)
- Senior pastor of Christchurch Elim
- A former member of this church
- For we are God’s masterpiece.
- He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.
James personal thoughts
- I just watched a documentary about God’s creation.
- The sun was compared to some larger stars.
- Stable nuclear fusion.
- God created the wonders of the universe, but we are His masterpiece, because we are created in His image.
- We are not mere automatons, sent to do a task (like the stars).
- We have free will. His master creation.
- “And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.”
- “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?”
- “For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you.”
- The Fellowship of the Believers
- “Devoted themselves to growing, meeting, doing life & praying together.”
- To give or apply (one’s time, attention, or self) entirely to a particular activity, pursuit, cause or person.
- To set apart for a specific purpose or use.
- Growing together
- Meeting together
- Doing life together
- Praying together
- Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.
- Then you will be prosperous and successful.
- The job of those with the five-fold gifts of the Holy Spirit, is to equip the saints to do the ministry of Christ;
- We are the saints. It’s our job to feed the poor, set the captives free.
- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
- The bible is our game plan.
- Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and the more as you see the Day approaching.
- The church is our meeting place, to hear the game plan.
Doing Life Together
- When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them.
- Then the two told what had happened on the way and how Jesus…
- Doing life together means really knowing people. Getting intimate. Breaking bread.
- Their church prayed and a couple of 10s of thousands of dollars was gifted and paid off all debts, with some surplus.
- Their church prayed and a gang member in prison, who was being ministered to, but was under temptation, had the temptation removed.
- Corporate prayer works.