- You’ve got to be gutsy to be a Christian.
- You can’t be a wimpy Christian.
- James talked about St Peter:
- From Failure to Faith
- He was rough and tough (like a rugby player)
- Fiona talked about father Abraham.
- Father of the faith
- Friend of God
- You believe there is one God? Good! But even the demons believe that, and shudder!
- They shudder, because they know they’re on the losing side.
What’s the difference between demons and us?
- They are in the spiritual realm; we are in the physical realm.
- We (all) were created in the image of God; free to choose sides.
- They have chosen to side with Satan; we are free to choose between Satan and Jesus.
- “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household. Go to the land I will show you.”
- Abraham had to be gutsy to leave Ur to go to some unknown destination.
- God asks the same of us, “Come follow Me!” (Matthew 10:37-39)