Christian Youth Camp
- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Cor. 16:13
- Guest Speaker: Lewis Meyer
One of the things NZ needs most:
- Boys growing up to be men of strength and courage;
- Not feminised wimps.
- Talking about strength of character.
- Save yourself from a lot of misery;
- Pleases God.
The way you behave depends on the way you think;
The way you think depends on the way you believe.
Stand Firm in Your Thinking
Science and the Bible
- What do scientists believe about where life and the universe came from?
- Fred Hoyle: The Big Bang.
- Moses: God did it.
How can we know for sure?
- Eye witnesses.
- God is the only witness.
What does God teach?
- God made everything.
- [What comes from nothing?]
- An atheist doesn’t believe in God.
- Therefore they must believe that absolutely everything came from absolutely nothing for absolutely no reason.
- This is called an absurdity.
- Most people, when explained this definition, are actually agnostic, not atheistic.
- Agnostic: they don’t know about God.
Our Creator and Our Universe
The Anthropic Principle
The might God created a mighty universe.
- Scale to 1 cm = 1 million km.
- Sun is 1.4 cm wide.
- Earth (grain of sand) 1.5m away.
- Jupiter (.14cm) 8 m from sun.
- Pluto (.005cm) 59m from sun.
- Nearest star (Alpha Centauri) 400km away.
Why were the stars created?
- For light and energy
- To determine times and seasons
- To serve as signs and wonders
Our powerful sun
- Can hold about a million earths.
- Converts 655 million tones of helium to energy every second.
Is First Life Possible By Chance?
- A Living Cell
- The difference between Christians and atheists: we believe in miracles, with God to create them. They believe in miracles (the first living cell) with nobody to create them.
Can More Complicated Creatures Evolve by Chance?
- Does creation agree with good science?
- Yes, because…
- Creatures are like computers.
- To see new things you need new information on the inside.