AKA Classic Conditioning
- e.g. Pavlov’s dog.
- In a weld, the dog would eat the bell!
Difference between Islam and Christianity
- Christianity is mutual submission: e.g. a couple on two bikes, biking together, sometimes where he needs to go, and sometimes to where she needs to go.
- Islam is subjugation: e.g. a tandem bike, with the man always deciding where to go, and the women behind, punished if she stops peddling.
- People who have been abused, equate submission with subjugation, and cannot submit.
What distinguishes the mature from the immature?
- If you’re a pleaser, you can never mature.
- If the opinions of other people alters your mood.
- If the opinions of other people, matter more than the opinion of God.
- You haven’t individuated.
- “If you’re confident, you must be arrogant”
- = the Kiwi tall poppy syndrome.
- = a welding
- Humility is not self-deprecating.
- Humility is agreeing with God, about who you are.
Welding always take place behind a curtain, and from there, control your life.
- Punctuality to futility = never punctual.
- Standing in a queue to futility = hate queues.
- Weld feelings to reality
- “Perception is reality” is not true!
Women were made to respond to the initiative of the man.
- Women are an amplifier of what they receive.
- Men don’t close of emotional connection. You will run her well dry.
- You must give yourself the nurture you would give your children.
How do I change?
- Fake it till I make it.
- Just get over it.
- Don’t let your feelings dictate your actions.
- Limbic lag = the difference between what you feel and what you know is true.
- e.g. a kiwi driving on the right-hand side of the road. Feels wrong, but is necessary, else you die.
- Short term pain for long term gain.
What causes pain?
- UBF’s = Unbearable Feelings = an emotional bruise from a traumatic experience
- Welds = wedding a UBF to a reality
- Default Mood
Anger is usually actually fear in disguise
- “What’s the emotion you are so afraid of feeling, that you have to dump on me?”
- “To the defiled, all things are (as if) defiled.” Titus 1:15