Pastor Rick Knott
Isaiah 61:1&3-4 (NJKV)
- The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to whose who are bound;
- To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD; that He may be glorified.
- Paul & Silas preaching; severely beaten.
- Joyous in prison.
- Miraculously released.
- Saved the jailers household.
- We’ve got this Good News that the World wants to hear;
- Sure, there are negative elements; but it’s not about brow-beating them;
- It’s about being there for the others.
Object Lesson 1
- Scrunching up a $20 note does not diminish its value;
- Neither do negative experiences diminish the value of each person’s worth to God.
Object Lesson 2
- Rick went to visit someone at hospital;
- He took his guitar;
- He praised God in song;
- Others wanted prayer for themselves.
- (Worshipping God breaks barriers.)
Object Lesson 3
- Tom Hanks in Castaway;
- Creating a fire by friction;
- Maybe God is trying to create a fire in our lives, but using the friction around us.
- (The fire of God cleanses us of unrighteousness, consumes us, let’s Jesus shine through us, and touches others).
If you’re going through Hell, don’t stop!