- By James (with help from Aimee)
- Showed a pencil sharpener (shaped like a face) with a pencil in one “eye”.
- Talked about “the log in your own eye”.
- Tony started a four year, full time course in Art at The Learning Centre.
- James had his 44th birthday this week.
- JJ survived another week at Waiouru Army Camp learning life skills in extreme weather conditions.
- John 7:6 – Therefore Jesus told them, the right time for me has not yet come; for you any time is right.
- Pastor Tuks
- There is a time for everything and a season for every purpose under heaven.
- This is the time, this is the season, we are the people.
1. This is God’s ordained time
- There’s a reason why God has brought us together.
- Our relationships are critical.
- So savour and cherish one another.
2. This is God’s ordained season
- Seasons are special times of planting or harvesting.
- Sometimes, we are to be planting: sowing seeds, giving time, money.
- Sometimes, we are to be sowing: reaping the harvest, receiving instead of giving.
3. We are the people:
- An army is a company of people with common training and purpose.
- A church is a company of people with a common Commander (Jesus), training (Spiritual/Biblical) and purpose (being Christ’s hands and feet on Earth).
How do we know what season we are in:
- Look at your life back then and look at your life today.
- Look at the challenges that you are facing today that didn’t have yesterday.
- Look at the decisions that you are having to make today.
- Look at the people that God is bringing into your life.
- Look at the opportunities that God is presenting you with.
- “My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.“
- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.” – Proverbs.
- Means, if you don’t fear God (believe in Him, understand that He can save you) then you are not saved.
- “Israel’s watchmen are blind; they all lack knowledge.
- They are all mute dogs that cannot bark; they lie around and dream, they love to sleep.”
- Don’t be witless. Be informed. Be a change agent, by being a willing pawn of God.
Our Ideal Progression
- God’s Word ==> Governs
- God’s Calling ==> Defines
- God’s Purpose ==> Mission
A worthy life motto:
- If you haven’t got the balls to say something to someone’s face, then shut up.
- This eliminates gossip and slander.