- Genesis 49: Jacob dies; Joseph is the child of blessing, the favoured one.
- There is hope for us: God built a nation out of the 12 sons of Jacob.
- Dysfunctionality is no barrier to service.
- Interesting connections this week.
- 1 Peter 3:15: Always be prepared to give a reasoned account for the hope we have within us.
- A reconnection with a former work colleague.
- Young people, who leave home, 60% leave their faith.
- Because they haven’t been taught how to think through their faith for themselves.
- Therefore, at the meal table, ask your kids to explain why they believe in God.
- Feeling disheartened with the reaction of the congregation during worship time – distracted by their distractedness (on their phones).
- Joyce Meyer – not everybody is on the same level. Have to be understanding of their foibles. Try to help them through it.
- Fiona – texting is an addiction. They feel needed when they receive a msg.
- Lai Leng – we may not be texting, but still distant. It’s not just a youth phenomenon.
- Management (at work and in the church) is herding cats;
- Both are long-term projects; Need to get all your ducks lined up in a row; Lots of balls in the air at the same time; Lots of plates spinning at the same time;
- The junior guys have a shorter-term focus; The leaders should have a longer-term vision.
- The key is to communicate the longer-term vision with enthusiasm.
- Had two encounters with friends this week.
- Sometimes our words come back to us; so better make sure my words have significance.
- My demographic is not the typical one for Align. Need to work on being relevant.
- John 7:37 – streams of living water
- There’s a difference between wanting a drink and being thirsty. One is a higher level of need.
- As we (as leaders) become fountains of the living water from Jesus,