- Christ was crucified
- Hope was deferred
- Death was defeated
- Sin lost
- Shame died
- Hope restored
“He Is Risen!” – “He is risen indeed.”
What’s the first thing Jesus said to his disciples after His resurrection?
- What? Is that all?
- What did you expect? Didn’t he tell them to expect this?
Is Easter a fairy-tale?
- Eye witnesses – willing to die for their testimony
- Historical analysis – individuals and nations changed through adherence to Him and His teachings. If it was based on a lie, wouldn’t you think it would have all imploded long before now?
The first thing Jesus did (after greeting them)
- Wasn’t to tell them “I told you so”
- Wasn’t to explain what and how.
- Was to give them an assignment. To set them back on track (after their dejected inaction of the last few days).
“It’s Morphin’ Time!”
- What Sunday meant to the early church.
- We die to self; I am crucified with Christ; it is not my old self that lives; it is the New Man who has been resurrected with Christ.
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- About a NZ Olympian of the 30’s.
- Spent 47 days on a life-raft in the 40’s during the war
- Rescued by an enemy ship.
- Suffered but survived.
- Lived a hard life of drinking.
- Attended a Billy Graham Crusade.
- At first, refused to believe.
- Recalled a promise he had made on the life-raft, where he had promised his life to God.
- Finally fulfilled his promise to God.