- (Adult) Youth Pastor
- The purpose of Fathering (Parenting) is the establishment of identity.
- Even the most secure individual on the face of the planet, heard a voice from heaven declare “this is My Son!”
- You cannot establish security from a basis of insecurity. Peers cannot establish identity.
- “Jesus, Kill My Church” by Randy Bohlender
- Social-based, non-confrontational, status-quo reinforcing ministries == we don’t want
- Not “I’m a Christian but I’m normal.”
- Is “This is worth your entire life.”
- Not flattery
- Psalm 42 – Deep calls to deep.
- 1 Corinthians 14:24-25
- He will be convinced he is a sinner – conviction leading to repentance
- The secrets of his heart will be laid bare – the gold in your heart. Pull it out and work to make it happen.
- You can’t build a new generation by criticizing the old. Esteem what went before us.
- One of the greatest threats to authentic Christian living is stereotypical Christian ministry focussed on Goals, Targets & KPIs.
- You can’t fulfil an eternity purpose with a raft of non-eternal tools.
- Goals are good; but not the first priority. His plans are.
- Don’t lower the bar in order to fill the seats.
- Fear of man, results in fear to confront with the Truth.
- Fear of losing the tithe, results in a wishy-washy message.
Eschatology = study of The Last Days
- Chris Valeton vs. Mike Bickle
- If you only drink from one stream, you won’t know what you believe.
- You must decide for yourself where your beliefs lie.
- Teach your students what the cults believe.
- Challenge your students to refute them.
- Not recommended, but worthy of consideration.