Why are you surprised that people react (manifest odd behaviour) when they are touched by the presence of God?
- What is more surprising is that we survive it.
- “The miracle is that you live through it. “
If we say that we worship and adore Him, why are we reluctant to let Him draw near?
- The reservation is ours, not His.
- (I witness many people laughing, crying out and shaking under The Power).
- John literally witnessed this. A man was rolling. John asked him why.
- “Because I felt as though I was on fire.”
- Grace = gift (charity) e.g. charismatic = gifts of the Holy Spirit
- God’s grace is not the wholesale forgiveness of all sins of the whole Earth without payment.
- His justice was fulfilled by the death of His Holy Son.
- God’s grace is allowing His Son’s righteousness to be credited to you and me, on condition of merely our belief in Christ.
- No belief == no forgiveness of sins.
- No forgiveness == attempting to earn a place in Heaven (through Good Works)
- Good Works == destined to fail (can never erase your sinful nature). You start at below zero, and can never work your way even up to zero.
How to stay in Grace
- Don’t revert back down to the state of Justice.
- Release your right to “an eye for an eye” through forgiveness.
The Law is Good, but Grace is Better
- “An eye for an eye” was the first Statute of Limitations
- It limited kings from extracting disproportionate vengeance.
- Fulfilled justice by evening the score.
- It’s a fair system, but really, who wants to be treated fairly? We all want grace!
- The Parable of the Unforgiving Debtor
- We all want justice for our debtors, but mercy from our creditors.
- This doesn’t work. You’re either all one or all the other.
Reinhardt Bonke raised a man (Daniel) from the dead
- Had a vision of heaven and hell.
- The only condition on salvation is forgiveness.
- Pastors will be in hell if they have unforgiveness.
What if horrendous things have been done to you or your loved ones?
- Forgiveness has to be a free gift.
- Unforgiveness will only result in being full of bitterness.
- Forgiveness will allow healing and closure.