- Ric Knott presiding
- Daniel & Diana Bell
- Daniel has done junior youth (Pulse) since 99
- (Daniel artist; Diana lawyer)
- Met in 2001
- Have done youth (RAZE) since 2006
- Moving into Life Groups next year
- Excited about fresh season
- Thanks for praying for young people. Don’t stop. Especially our teenagers. Need us to believe in them.
- Brendan & Fipi Hastie
- Will lead youth next year.
- Wants to take youth to next level, training up the leaders
- (Fipi is a doctor; Brendan is in construction)
- Coach (Mike Knott) prayed
- John & Liz Hastie (Elders) & family prayed
- Bell family too.
- Will had over ministry of Wellington Elim in February (to Ric)
- Not retiring; moving around in ministry to other places
- Will take a sabbatical
Series Title: The Holy Spirit at work in our lives
Sermon Title: Beginnings
- How He can work through us and with us
Genesis – the book of beginnings
- God – “Elohim” a plural intensive with a singular meaning.
- Spirit – “Ruwach” breath
- Hovering – “Rachaf” moving, brooding
So, what’s the Story? The Trinity at work in redemption.
- Redemption – buying back what was originally His.
- Two animals:
- Sacrificial lamb = Jesus
- The escape goat (Scapegoat) = Us
- Wrought = formed, fashioned, or worked.
- The Father thought it
- The Son bought it
- The Spirit wrought it
- The devil fought it
- But I’ve got it! (I caught it!)
- The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
- Genesis 2:7
- Related to Maori “Tihei Maoriora”
- This was the Spirit of God which Adam lost when he sinned.
People could exercise power when the Holy Spirit came upon them
- My Spirit will not contend with men forever…
- Genesis 6:3
- However, where men and women acknowledged Him…
- Samson, Samuel, David, Elisha, Deborah, Anna
- “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the Power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.”
- Luke 1:35
- I am going to send you what my Father has promised, but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.
- Luke 24:49
- He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath. Prophesy, son of man. Tell the breath, the Master, says, Come from the four winds. Come, breath. Breathe on these slain bodies. Breath life!”
- So I prophesied, just as he commanded me. The breath entered them and they came alive! They stood up on their feet, a huge army.