- Senior Pastor Ric (not Mike) Knott
- Wellington Elim
- Sunday 2 October 2011
Things haven’t changed in over 10 years:
- Wellington is like an unreached people group
- 90-95% don’t have Jesus as their personal Saviour
- Matthew 28:19 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations
- Matthew 16:18 – I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
- Stop hanging out with Christians so much
- Go and make lots of non-Christian friends
- Otherwise, you become a bit irrelevant to the people in the world
Focussing on connection
- How do we make disciples?
- Through life groups
- e.g. sports groups, mothers groups, PTA, ethnic Dancing (Scottish Country, Israeli, etc), Bridge, skate boarding.
- Personally: Dot Net User Group Meetings, WHEN, Facebook, office work, Grenada Village Residents Association.
- Heart – Ask God to break your heart for people.
- Remember – It’s not about getting church people into cells; it’s about getting non-church people to Christ.
Life is better in Groups
- Activity groups
- Book/DVD groups
- Mission groups
- Prayer Groups
- Starting Week of 23rd October and running for 7 weeks
Phoenix and Fellowship at The Grand – Activity Group
- Welcome fellow Phoenix fans!
- Come meet with us to cheer on the Phoenix at The Grand in Courtenay Place.
- We’ll be meeting whenever the Phoenix are playing, so times will change (location will not). Meet others that love football as much as you do.
Adopt a street – Mission Group
- Come out and be a part of a weekly mission group that seeks to share the love of Christ through serving those in need. We’ll “adopt” a different project each week and help meet the needs of our community through these service projects.
- No experience or special skills required.
- Wed 5:30 to 7:30pm.
- Interesting; can’t argue with any of that.
- Ric was uncomfortable bringing this word. He felt he might be accused of changing course, dictating, cajoling, potentially berating. However, he felt it was a necessary word.
- Go you good thing.