- In order to devote ourselves to Him, it is first necessary to know Him.
- Not just head-knowledge, but also to experience Him.
- But the people who know their God shall do exploits
- But the people who know their God shall prove themselves strong and shall stand firm and do exploits for God. (Amplified)
- But the people who know their God will be strong and will resist him [the adversary]. (NLT)
- Recognition and
To know God is to be strong
- What you know and who you know will either strengthen you or weaken you.
- Conversely, if all you know is money (work, finances, shares, etc) then you are weak in times of trial (e.g. Christchurch earthquake) because those things don’t really matter.
To know God is to do exploits (a bold or daring feat)
- God did not create you and me for a mundane life of mediocrity.
- (God didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but He gave us a spirit of power.)
- When was the last time you did something bold and daring for God?
2 Timothy 2:12
- That is why I am suffering as I am.
- Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.